Durango Gateway Integration Instructions
PLEASE NOTE: WE WORK WITH SEVERAL BANKS WORLDWIDE, AND DURANGO’S GATEWAY WILL *NOT* BE USED WITH EVERY BANK. TO AVOID CONFUSION, PLEASE ASK YOUR ACCOUNT MANAGER IF YOU WILL BE USING OUR GATEWAY BEFORE BEGINNING INTEGRATION.
The following is a quick overview for gateway integration:
- Demo Logins
- Control Panel Quick Start Instructions
- Integration Options
- Shopping Carts
- QuickClick Details
- Recurring Billing
- Authorize.net Emulator
- Customer Vault
- QuickBooks™ SyncPay Plug-In
- Android™ & Apple™ Mobile Processing App
- API’s & Resources for Download
1. Demo gateway account logins:
To be used on the MERCHANT LOGIN page found on the top right corner of our website:
2. Control Panel Quick Start Instructions:
Please click on the link to download the Adobe .pdf Durango Payment Gateway Quick Start Instructions.
3. Integration Options & Documentation:
After you login, you will see the “INTEGRATION” link on the left side of the screen. Click on Integration, and then you will see the following options in the top menu bar:
- API: This is where your server hosts the transaction entirely. API integration is more complicated, but the customer never leaves your website and so conveys a more polished checkout experience; however this requires a programming background, as well, you will need a SSL certificate (https) for card data security if you integrate via API since the transaction will occur on your website. There are 2 methods available for API integration:
- Direct Post API: This is a traditional API. Programming examples and scripts are included to view in several languages, as found on the grey bar menu in the Integration area. Download the most current API below (#9).
- 3 Step Redirect API: Our newest (and preferred) API minimizes the PCI compliance liabilities that merchants face, as your server will never touch or see the sensitive payment data. Technically the 3 Step redirect doesn’t even require an SSL, however the forms are still hosted on your site and some consumers might not trust a site with their payment data if the pages aren’t encrypted. You can download a copy of the Three Step Redirect Overview and API below (#9).
- QuickClick: These are “Buy Now” buttons that you can place on your site simply by pasting the HTML snippet of code that we provide, or alternatively, a URL is provided that can be placed behind any other button/image on your website. Our server will host the transaction (the customer is momentarily redirected to our server to enter in their credit card data on our secure (https) page), and the customer is redirected back to your website after the approval/decline has been processed. There is no SSL certificate required on your server if using QuickClick since we host the transaction.
4. Shopping Carts:
Here is our list of supported Shopping Carts. Although we try, the list is not always 100% current, as there are so many carts that exist and new integrations can occur without us having time to update this list; if you do not see your cart listed please ask your account manager to confirm if your shopping cart is supported. Some carts require you to install a module, in which case, download the provided .zip file and follow the installation instructions in the included .pdf file. Otherwise, your username & password is usually how you connect your shopping cart to the gateway (merchants are advised to setup a 2nd user account under OPTIONS>USER ACCOUNTS>NEW USER ACCOUNT so if your primary admin user account needs the password reset, your website integration would not be affected). Some shopping carts however require you to use the SECURITY KEY and KEY ID found under OPTIONS>SECURITY KEY once logged into your Durango gateway account.
5. QuickClick (HTML Buy-Now Buttons):
With QuickClick, please note the following:
- You can fully customize our “secure buy pages” to match your website completely! Click on “QuickClick” on the left, and then click on “Look & Feel.” You can save different “Profiles” and choose which profile to make default (any changes are updated to show on previously created QuickClick buttons as well). You can customize the colors of the background, forms, and text, and you can also add footer and header text, as well as footer & header images.
- To create a button, go to “Integration,” click on “QuickClick” on the top black menu bar, and then on the 2nd grey menu bar you’ll find the “Button Creator” link. You will need to store (save in a .doc or .txt file) the HTML code snippets or button URL’s, as our gateway does not store all of the buttons that you will create. Note, youdo need to have “verification” enabled on buttons, just leave it set for the “Default Key.”
- The QuickClick can have a fixed price, or be left for the customer to enter in the price (using the “Donate” button creator).
- A shopping cart button (instead of a fixed price or donate button) can also be created if you will have multiple products. Follow the directions to create your buttons (name of button, products & price), cancel & complete URL return pages, shipping can be included (or not), and hit submit. You can add “View Cart” buttons to your pages as well.
- You can create a test button for $1, copy the URL, paste it into your browser, and see for yourself what your customers will see! Here is an example of a QuickClick checkout page using our demo gateway account for a fixed price button, click HERE.
6. Recurring Billing:
- Once logged in, on the left hand side, your programmer will find the “Integration” link, which will direct him to the two different methods of integration, API (hosted) or QuickClick (link integration).
- If you want to use the QuickClick integration, to setup automatic recurring billing, you FIRST have to go to “ADD PLAN” on the left, and create a recurring plan, which will give you a “SKU” for that plan. Then when you go to “Button Creator” for the QuickClick, you MUST use the “Shopping Cart” button…and then use the SKU for the recurring plan that you want the customer to be enrolled in (thus, have different buttons for different plans). Follow the QuickClick instructions above once you have created your SKU’s.
- For API integration, in addition to the API information discussed above, your programmer will need to download and review this Recurring API document for additional programming details.
- For manual recurring billing, follow the same steps above (First, create a recurring plan under “ADD PLAN.”). Second, add a customer to this plan, this can be done in either of two methods:
- Post-Sale: First bill a customer’s card under the “SALE” function. Then, go into REPORTS, and search for the customer. Click on the blue TRANSACTION ID# in the search results. At the top of the page will be a blue icon to “CREATE SUBSCRIPTION” from this customer. Select which recurring plan to assign this customer to.
- Add Subscription: Click on “ADD SUBSCRIPTION” on the left side of the control panel, enter the customer’s billing data and assign which recurring plan to enroll them into. The downside of this method is you cannot enter the CVV on the initial sale (no CVV is stored for future recurring billing payments in either situation).
7. Authorize.net Emulator:
We have designed our gateway to also handle transaction submissions and responses in the Authorize.Net format. We call this our “Authorize.Net Emulator.”
For example, if your shopping cart supports the Authorize.Net gateway, all you or your developers would have to do is change the transaction POST URL.
The Emulator transaction POST URL is as follows:
https://secure.durango-direct.com/cart/ausi.php (SIM Method)
Once you have updated the Authorize.Net module to point to the above URL, it will submit transactions to our gateway in their format; however, we can understand them.
You can use the following test credentials for submitting transactions (or ask your account manager for your own test account if you would prefer):
API ID is our username = (testing user is “Durango2”)
Transaction Key is our password = (testing password is “test12345”)
Response Codes: Merchant’s can obtain the response code list from the Authorize.net AIM Integration Guide (on Authorize.net’s website). It may not match exactly but we do the best we can with the mapping.
For example, our gateway doesn’t have a response code=4 (held for review). Also we don’t have a response subcode, you’ll always see 0 for the value.
In the example below, response=3, response subcode=0, response reason code=122 and response text=Invalid Credit Card Number REFID:334872583.
3|0|122|Invalid Credit Card Number REFID:334872583||P|0||Payment for Refno: 30904403 — result id 503587|300.00|CC|auth_capture|603834727|john|doe||123 main st |anycity |CO |81301||||||||||||||||||800805556D7D102C8970E891A749CDAD|P|
8. Customer Vault:
The Customer Vault allows merchants to transmit their customers’ payment information through an encrypted (SSL) connection for storage in our Level 1 PCI certified data facility. Once the customer’s data has been securely transmitted to the Customer Vault, the merchant can then initiate transactions remotely using the “token” identification number for this customer record. This process is accomplished without the merchant storing the customer’s payment information in their local database or payment application, and is ideal for merchants that need to “top-off” or bill customers for varied amounts at varied intervals (if you only bill the same amount on a set schedule, then the “Recurring Billing” should be sufficient for your needs instead).
Furthermore, using our 3 Step Redirect Method (see #2.2 above) in conjunction with the Customer Vault allows merchants to process transactions without transmitting any payment information through their web application. This unique approach provides best of class application flexibility without any PCI compliance concerns! Download the overview & API below.
9. QuickBooks™ SyncPay Plug-In:
Durango’s QuickBooks™ SyncPay allows merchants to: pay invoices, generate sales receipts, process batch transactions, & view batch reports, all of which can be done without ever leaving QuickBooks™ financial software. Click here for additional details and to see Durango’s QuickBooks™ SyncPay in action!
10. Android™ & Apple™ Mobile Processing App:
Durango Merchant Services is proud to offer iProcess™: an innovative mobile payments processing solution that provides you the flexibility and convenience to accept credit card payments while using your Android phones or tablets, as well as iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad mobile devices.
iProcess™ can be used by merchants in either of two ways:
- Manually key in transactions using the “ATM” like interface
- Physically swipe transactions through the Magtek iDynamo™ or ID Tech Shuttle™ card reader. Merchants using a card reader can qualify for lower “retail” discount rates.
Click here to read additional details on the mobile processing software: iProcess Mobile Card Terminal for Androids™, iPhones™ & iPads™
11. API’s & Resources for Download:
Our Direct Post API, Three Step Redirect API, Customer Vault API, Query API, & Recurring Payments API can all be viewed by logging into the Durango payment gateway (see demo login instructions above), and then clicking on “Integration” on the left hand side.
The following resources are also available for reviewing:
- iSpyFraud Detailed Overview
- QuickBooks™ SyncPay Plug-In Instructions
- Retail USB Software Instructions
- SwIPe Terminal
- Three Step Redirect Overview
- Authorize.net Emulator Integration Instructions